Author: Tirso
•9:26 AM
For our Self-Portrait project we were to take three self-portraits. They were all to be in black and white, and they were all to capture a mood of some sort. We were also challenged to be as artistic as possible, and stay as far away from normal, cliche portraits that we see on personal pages etc. as possible.One had to use the rule of thirds as the base for the composition; One had to incorporate leading lines, and one had to be taken from a more extreme angle. All of the self-portraits were very hard to take. They all had to be in black in white so we had to think about that. Also we had to capture a mood in the picture that we took. So all of them we really hard to take some more then others. My Rule of Thirds and my Leading Lines are my most successful out of the three well I think anyway. The thing that standout the most in only one of my picture is the shadow and that was on my Rule of Thirds photo. Every where else like in my Leading Line and my Extreme Angles, they were not normal picture that you would not see everyday but they still looked like anyone could have took them. The one I like the most was my Rule of Third. I thought it came out very awesome. The lighting is great and the shadows are awesome and the bricks give it a great texture to the picture. I thought this was going to be my worst picture but it came out on top of all of them. I had real difficulties of what I would change about this picture. I even got it looked at by some of my fellow students and I agreed with them I should have showed my face a little more then I did. I couldn't change my photographer because she was the only one I let take my photo other then my partner in my class. But other then showing my face some more I wouldn't change a thing on there. Overall I think I did good on all of my photo's they came out with good lighting and a lot of whites and blacks and all the nice shades of grey that just fell in the picture. This was a very out there project that got to express the way that I saw my self and the way that I want you to look at me. But I would let you decide if I did great.
|
This entry was posted on 9:26 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On September 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous said...

I know these pictures were supposed to be in black and white but I love the color one a lot better for the top picture. Keep up the dope work

 
On September 24, 2008 at 9:03 PM , Miss Cook said...

Your portfolio is excellent Tirso. I have been very impressed with you thus far. Keep it up!